About Me

My photo
I am a South Carolinian who was raised classic, conservative, Christian, and proud. These are my exploits as I attempt to bring Greek Life and Southern Charm to Southeastern University. I love Autumn, Lilly Pulitzer, Sweet Tea, French cooking, Monograms, Gardenias, Pearls, Sailing, and Turquoise.

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Theta Beta Pi

"The Bridemaid's Club"


I go to a Christian University of several thousand students. One thing that a few of my friends and I have always lamented is the lack of Greek organizations on campus. One reason we don't have them is the administration's adversity to secular things, so we couldn't just get a charter to an already existing sorority. So I am proud to announce that the 2011-2012 school year is the first active year of "Theta Beta Pi."

We chose Theta Beta Pi because it fits our motto "We didn't come to college to find our husbands, we came to find our bridesmaids" thus, The Bridesmaids Club or TBC... ƟBπ


We are working through academic standards, philanthropy, dues, colors (tentatively navy blue and coral or pink), symbols (seahorse?), bi-laws, and our traditions and such that will all be established this year.

So wish us luck! Any suggestions or things you love about your sorority would be appreciated!

3 comments:

  1. Good Luck! I'm actually in a social sorority with Christian ideals named Phi Beta Chi! Here is a link to our chapter website that has some information like our motto.
    http://uncphibetachi.webs.com/
    I would research other national sororities for help on the bi-laws and such.
    Traditions I love: our lamb as the symbol each big gives their little a lamb during big/little week. I love devotions and praise & worship at our chapter meetings & on retreats. Also, we send out prayer requests over our listserv. I love all our events including traditional recruitment type events and big/little, retreats each semester, semiformals, FORMAL!, and small sisterhood events for bonding with the new girls and the active sisters.
    GOOD LUCK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried to get a sorority established at my university and almost got it chartered, but the university and the president of the sorority at the main headquarters couldn't come to agreement on some issues. So disappointing. Can't wait to hear about it all, I'll be living vicariously through you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Christian college I went to also would not allow Greek organizations. Definately one of the things I wish I would have had the opportunity to participate in during college (and beyond). Best of luck to you and your sisters! How fun!

    ReplyDelete